It is the mission of the Human Resources department of Albany State University to provide effective Human Resource Management by developing and implementing policies, programs and services which contribute to the attainment of University and employee goals by:
- Properly balancing the needs of the employees and the needs of the University.
- Ensuring a diverse workforce in a safe and discrimination/harassment free environment by: maintaining compliance with employment laws and government regulations; providing management and employee training; and developing policies and procedures.
- Providing training and development to promote individual success and increase overall value to the organization in areas of: effective leadership and career development of employees; employment law and government regulation, and litigation avoidance.
- Hiring the most qualified employees by: pre-planning staffing needs; ensuring an effective internal interview process; increasing company visibility in the employment marketplace; identifying the best and most cost effective recruitment sources; and conducting thorough background and reference checks.
- Retaining our valued employees by: assuring effective leadership qualities in our managers; providing competitive wages and benefits; furnishing technical, interpersonal and career development training and coaching; conducting exit interviews and supplying relevant feedback to management; and enhancing two-way communication between employees and management.
To inspire and encourage a high level of employee moral through recognition, effective communication and delivering constant feedback.