MPA Program Overview
The degree title offered is Master of Public Administration.
The current mission statement of Albany State University’s MPA program is to:
- Provide a professional Master’s level education for students aspiring to management positions in government, nonprofit organizations, and the private sector.
- Provide professional assistance to the public, governments, and nonprofit organizations in Southwest Georgia, Dougherty County, and the surrounding communities through public service of the faculty and students.
- Increase the number of qualified graduates from underrepresented groups with professional public administration skills, training, and education for leadership positions.
The current mission was adopted in the fall of 2002 and was revised in the fall of 2010 and spring 2011 semester.
The organizational relationship between the MPA program and the University is that the program is a stand-alone unit within the College of Arts and Humanities.
At the present time, the mode of course delivery is traditional classroom delivery on the campus of Albany State University in Albany, Georgia. Classes are schedule in the evenings to accommodate the schedules of working adults.
The MPA program presently offers the following specializations otherwise known as concentrations.
- General Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Public Policy
- Health Care Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Community Economic Development
- Water Resources Management